Just alittle update on our life and baby. We've decided on the hospital we want to deliver at. The newer of the two options. Both facilities are very prestigous, well equiped, and a 2 minute drive from our place... we just liked the feel of the Women's Pavilion at the Children's Hospital(it just opened in May of this year).
We're very much looking forward to having Gramma & Grampa Moore, Aunty Emily & Uncle Shawn here for Thanksgiving! Hopefully baby girl will have made her arrival by then. Mostly for my sake, but also so she'll be alittle more alert.
Derrick is training for another 1/2 Ironman race which falls on the week before I'm due... so he is hoping she doesn't decide to come early. :)
We had a fun visit with Derrick's buddy Steve Elwell and his girlfriends Breanna this past weekend. He came down to TX for a work conference and it worked out that we could join them for the weekend in San Antonion (about 3 hours SW of Houston). Derrick misses his buds so that was a nice treat for him especially! I was proud of myself for being able to keep up with everyone and enjoy the trip despite being almost 35 weeks pregnant! :) Guess my time spent on the treadmill is paying off. Hopefully that same stamina will help me during labor also, since they say the average 1st time labor lasts 20 hours!!
I'm still working (doing massages) and plan(hope) to continue up until birth. We'll see though... i'm just taking it one day at a time. My belly does get in the way some of course but so far i've been able to make do.
My OB doctor is happy with my health, and so far everything seems good with baby too. I have my Strep test at tomorrows appointment, and for any of you who know what that is you can probably guess that I'm less the thrilled about it! :) I've been seeing her every other week, but soon she wants me to start coming every week.
We're still not quite ready for her arrival. We have more setting up and organizing to do in the house, and a few things to purchase. I'm counting on her giving us at least a few more weeks to get ready. :)
We think of you all often. Take care of yourselves! Much love, The Schneble Family :)
No comments:
Post a Comment