Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Baby girl is offically full term now!! Technically she can come out whenever she wants. But, like I said last time, Daddy wants her so wait until after his race next weekend. We had our 37 week check-up today. Doctor Patolia was a little concerned with the fundal height and wanted to make sure it wasn't anything to do with her not growing, and only to do with her having "dropped" down in the womb. So she did an ultrasound to check her measurements. Everything looked great to her after doing the measurements, and said she looks "very happy and healthy". That was a relief to here! She is approximately 5lb 14oz, which is slightly on the small side but not anything to be concerned about. I'm guessing by time she is ready to come out she'll have put on at least another 1/2 lb.

Now for how Mommy is doing. I'm still feeling pretty good and mobile. I few aches (contractions and stretching going on in the pelvis) here and there, but over all I'm not as uncomfortable as many had warned me I'd be by this time in the pregnancy. My biggest complaint is my sleep (of lack there of!). Must be my body's way of preparing me for what's to come. I've packed on a total of 18lbs so far, and plan on at least 2 more by the end of it all. I'm still jogging/walking and doing light weights to keep my body healthy, and help deal with the stress of everything.

Daddy is getting more excited by the day. Of course with his busy schedule of work, school, and fitness training he doesn't have much time to ponder how close it's getting. Every free moment he does have we try to spend together, since alone time will be slim to none in a couple weeks.

We think of you all often, and wish you could be closer to experience this all with us. Hopefully the blog helps you feel like more of a part of it everything. She is already a lucky girl to have you all in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment