This past weekend we drove to Austin TX for the 70.3 Ironman race Derrick has been training for. The weather cooled down a lot the day before, and it was a mere 45 degrees when he jumped in the lake for the swim portion of the race. I think I would have almost been better off jumping in too because the water was about 25 degrees warmer than the air temperature. He made it through all three portions of the event; the1.2-mile swim and the hilly 56-mile bike ride(only popped his tired once), and the 13.1 mile run at the end. For the run portion he wore a full body Ironman(from the movie) costume. He became a celebrity for the day with tons of people asking for pictures with him and the other athletes congratulating him on a job well done.
I was very proud of Derrick, and glad he didn't get hurt like last time! Also we were thankful that baby girl cooperated and didn't decide to come before(or during!) the race.
I've included a few picture of the race. Enjoy!
PS. Hopefully the next time you see pictures on here it will be of baby girl(outside of the belly!!).
Pre-Swim
Exiting transition 1 with his bike
Found a NY favorite of mine for lunch :)
Ironman
Derricks cheering quad
Finisher!
For the little one :)









No comments:
Post a Comment